M2 Technologies Blog
Tips, Tricks and News for Autodesk and Edgecam
AutoCAD Electrical 2013: How to Add All Library and Catalog Content after Installation
Issue: After doing the Typical Installation of AutoCAD Electrical 2013, not all Libraries and Catalog Content is installed.
Solution: When doing the Typical Install, the additional Libraries and Catalog Content are not installed. When doing the initial install, the additional content would need to be selected through the Customization.
To resolve the issue, the additional content will need to be selected through Add or Remove Features.
- Close AutoCAD Electrical 2013
- Go to Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features
- Select AutoCAD Electrical 2013 out of the list and then Uninstall/ Change
4. Select Add or Remove Features in the AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Install/ Uninstall dialog box
This will pop up the Add or Remove Features dialog box
5. If all of the Catalog Content needs to be installed, select the â€œSelect Allâ€ button
Note: By default, only AB and ABB may be selected. This is because the installation of all catalog content can take a long period of time to install. So, be prepared for the update to take a while.
6. Select Next to open up the Symbol Libraries section.
7. Select the additional Libraries to install
Note: By default, the only library installed is the JIC.
8. Select Next to install the standard AutoCAD features
9. Make sure to check all features to be installed
Note: Anything not selected through this process will be UNINSTALLED. Make sure to check all items needed.
Summary: This is the best process for adding features after an installation of AutoCAD Electrical 2013.